EFFECTIVE AUGUST 2018
Types of Information Collected and Stored
When you submit a request form, send a prayer request, sign up to receive communications, register for an event or make a donation or otherwise use the Website, The Orchard may gather your personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). Your Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name, address, phone number, email address, birthdate, electronic signature, personal identification numbers, IP addresses, mobile device identifiers, geo-location, or any other personally identifying data collected from you by The Orchard or its authorized agents; and
- Information required to make a donation or to purchase services and materials, gathered and stored through PCI compliant third party payment processors, such as credit card numbers and other sensitive payment-related information; and
- For purposes including but not limited to membership, volunteer and wedding applications, The Orchard does collect information such as biometric data, psychological identity, genetic identity, economic status, cultural identity, social identity, or personal information specifying medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or information specifying the sex life of the individual.
In an effort to improve visitors’ experiences on the Website, The Orchard gathers certain information related to individuals’ website visits. This information is used solely to measure and improve our Web site and services and to better serve our members and customers. The Orchard uses aggregate statistical data to compile reports. Such information so gathered is likely to include the following:
- Device and network specific information, such as your unique device identifier, operating system and version, the browser you use, your Internet service provider (ISP), and your IP address.
- Non-personal information, such as language, zip code, area code, location, and the time zone.
- Website visit information, such as the domain from which you came to our website, details of how you use our website, what webpages you visit, the duration of your visit.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
Cookies and Browser “Do Not Track” Notice
- The Orchard does not respond to browser Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals. The Websites may utilize page tags or web beacons to track information related to user visits as a part The Orchard data analytics herein described below.
- The Orchard may employ third party data analytics firms to track and analyze traffic on the Website, to analyze visitor trends, to determine advertising effectiveness, browser types and usage trends, and to present targeted ads based on anonymous information collected through tracking.
- Third parties which may advertise on the Websites may have content embedded that sets cookies on a visitor’s browser and/or tracks visitor information that a web browser visited a specific the Website. Such information may contain a visitor’s IP address. Third parties may not collect other Personal Information from the Website unless you provide it to such third parties.
Security of Personal Information
The Orchard takes the security of your Personal information very seriously. When your Personal Information is stored by The Orchard, we use limited access protected servers. Personal Information is stored on such servers in encrypted form. The Orchard does not collect, store, or transmit user social security numbers. Unfortunately, data transmission over public networks cannot be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure. While The Orchard will use all reasonable means to protect your Personal Information, The Orchard cannot guarantee the security your transmissions of such Personal Information, and you use the Website at your own risk. If you suspect your Personal Information has been compromised, please notify Executive Director of Operations using the contact information provided below.
How The Orchard Uses and Shares Your Personal Information
The Orchard may use or share your Personal Information in the following ways.
The Orchard Services to You.
The Orchard may use your Personal Information to provide services to you upon your request. Such services may include sending you newsletters and publications, responding to your questions and comments, to communicate with you concerning your financial transactions conducted on the Website, to email you updates concerning The Orchard products and services, and to personalize your visits to the Website.
The Orchard Internal Data Sharing
The Orchard may also share your personal information with other The Orchard offices or The Orchard subsidiaries and affiliates in the country in which you reside and in other countries.
Information Sharing with Third Parties
- The Orchard may share aggregated demographic information with our partners: Open the Bible and Orchard Ministry Development The Orchard’s agreements with these and other third parties provide that the third parties will delete your personal information upon your request.
- The Orchard may partner with third parties to provide other specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we may share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use your Personal Information except for the purpose of providing these services.
- All the Website-originated donation transactions are processed by a third-party PCI compliant payment processor (“PCI Processor”), using technologies which transfer donors to the PCI Processor’s website, display transaction details to donors, and redirect donors back to The Orchard’s site upon payment completion. Your Personal Information may be disclosed to such PCI Processors. The transactions are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process your donation. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide their services to you and in order to comply with their legal obligations, such as to provide to The Orchard with your Personal Information, including your name, address, phone number, email address, and amount donated for tax or other purposes.
- When you click on our website links that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party websites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy policies of any and every website you visit, whether you are linking from our website or browsing on your own.
Other Possible Disclosures.
In addition to the other disclosures stated herein, The Orchard may share your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or government enforced orders,
- To enforce applicable terms of service, protect our legal rights or defend against legal claims,
- To defend, prevent, take action, and otherwise address security or technical issues, as well as suspected or potential fraud,
- To guard against harm (whether actual or potential) to the legal rights, property or safety of The Orchard, our visitors or the general public as required or permitted by law.
- To facilitate communications with social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter. These social media platforms may have their own data collection, use, and sharing practices that may also be applicable to your personal information. You should review their applicable privacy policies and methods for changing the privacy or sharing settings on such services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Orchard’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by The Orchard about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use for the purpose of The Orchard sending you a regular newsletter, The Orchard may use it to regularly send you newsletters.
- We may use or share your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you expressly consent.
The Orchard Email Uses
The Orchard may use your email address subject to the following terms.
- The Orchard never rents or sells email addresses to outside parties.
- We may use your email address, usage data, or other Personal Information to provide you with technical support, send you detailed summary emails regarding your donation history and provide you with important tax information, or send you notice about the website or other promotional offers you have elected to receive.
- We may occasionally work with data partners and advertising platforms to users of our website. In doing so, we may provide such companies with information representing an encrypted or hashed value derived from information you have provided to us, such as your email address. Such provision of information to third parties is pseudonymized such that the third party cannot process the information in a way to attribute the specific data without the use of additional data which may be retained securely and privately by The Orchard, like the content of your emails, your email address, and our responses in order to service your needs.
How to Change Your Personal Information
- To make changes to the content of your Personal Information, or to request that we limit the use of your Personal information, you may make changes and updates by contacting the Executive Director of Operations using the contact information provided below.
- In your request, clearly state what information you would like to have changed or updated. The Orchard will try to comply with your request as soon possible. Please note further that we are not responsible for actively or continuously updating information shared with third parties.
- In the event that you wish to delete your Personal Information stored by The Orchard, you may request such deletion by contacting The Orchard Customer Service using the contact information provided below. The deletion of Personal Information and other changes to the data retained by The Orchard may result in the deletion or limitation of other services provided by The Orchard. The Orchard may retain certain Personal Information to pursue legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with (and demonstrate compliance with) legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Contact The Orchard
Executive Director of Operations