God grants each one of us gifts that equip us to reflect the love of Jesus through serving others. Serving has so many wonderful benefits:
- Sharing the love of Jesus
Volunteer with us today! There's a place for you.
Global Fingerprints is the child sponsorship ministry of the Evangelical Free Church of America that sends children to school and helps care for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. All of this happens through the ministry of local churches around the world who want to see lives transformed.
Set Free Ministries
Set Free Ministries ministers to inmates in prisons and jails in Missouri and Illinois, primarily through Emmaus courses. These incarcerated students account for the majority of enrollment, but they also serve students from the general public through their domestic ministry. Nearly 36,000 courses were sent out in 2016 and just over 28,000 were graded. Their desire is to make the Emmaus road to Bible knowledge available to everyone. Visit their website to learn more about their ministry.
Safe Families provides a secure, temporary home for children whose parents are in a crisis situation. If you would like more information on how you could become a Safe Family, contact Beth Hutchison, Tom Hutchison or Pastor Trey Sonnenberg.
Steeple Counseling is a private counseling practice committed to addressing the counseling needs of the church, with the church. This world is broken and we experience suffering and hardship – but the story doesn’t end there. At Steeple, the counsel is grounded in the hope of the gospel and dedicated to clinical excellence. Steeple Counseling staff, upon request, work closely with The Orchard staff for a well-rounded, consistent spiritual care. Contact a The Orchard staff member or Steeple directly at www.steeplecounseling.com or 224.735.3935
Fall Opportunities - Contact Robin Price, 847.852.2204
Orchard Kids (Sundays, 9 & 10:45 a.m.)
- Classroom leaders and assistant leaders to lead our children as we journey from Creation to Revelation, learning and finding connections to Christ everywhere along the way. Volunteers serve on an every-three-month rotation.
- Welcome desk workers to greet, register, and direct visiting families, as well as assist classroom leaders as needed. Volunteers serve on an every-three-month rotation.
- Substitute works to serve on an as-needed basis.
- Setup/preparation for weekend ministry and special events.
- One-on-one assistants during Orchard Kids and Awana
- Childcare for Special Needs Parents Network on second Monday of each month during the school year
- Trustee - Contact Russ Williams, 847.852.2209
Hospitality & Café
- Camera Operator - Contact Mark Stanger, 847.852.2215
- Graphics Operator - Contact Mark Stanger, 847.852.2215
- Sunday School Leader - Contact Josh Newton, 847.852.2217
- Youth Group Leader - Contact Josh Newton, 847.852.2217
It is our aim to pray, give and serve in evangelism, church planting and leadership development in our partnership areas. These areas include the Balkan region of Europe, South Asia, and Southeast Asia. We pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out and equip Gospel-minded laborers into his harvest. As God has entrusted to The Orchard spiritual, physical and financial resources, we engage with our partners to define the greatest need and opportunity. We then respond to their invitation as fellow workers in the harvest to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
In addition to our partnership areas, we support more than 70 individual missionaries serving around the world! If you’d like to know more, contact Brad Mullet, Director of Global Ministries.
Sign up to receive weekly email updates about our 70 full-time missionaries. Pray for all those who labor in the Gospel for boldness, perseverance, faithfulness.
A significant portion of the General Fund directly supports Global Ministries. Give online.
Contact Brad Mullet, Director of Global Ministries, 847.951.4132 to serve on a short term team or for more information about other global ministry opportunities.